We all have times when we are not feeling our best. Stress, worry, sadness, they are all natural feelings and emotions that are part of being a human. But when these negative emotions and pessimistic thoughts persist and start to impact your life in a more serious way then you may have depression.
There are specific techniques and approaches that can quickly help you overcome depression without drugs and I will share these with you in this article.
Common symptoms of depression include…
- Sleeplessness – Finding it hard to fall asleep or waking up very early in the morning. Also oversleeping and not being able to get out of bed
- Hopelessness – Feeling that you have nothing to look forward and nothing your life will ever improve no matter what you do.
- No Energy – Feeling unmotivated and sluggish. Your body feels heavy and you find even simple tasks are a struggle.
- Overwhelmed – You be overcome with constant stress and a feeling that you can’t cope with life’s responsibilities.
- Low Self Esteem – You may feel inadequate and have no confidence. You might harshly criticize yourself for perceived faults.
- Anger – You may lose your temper quickly or get irritated very easily over small things
- Withdrawing – You may lose interest in activities that you used to enjoy such as hobbies, socialising even sex. The thought of these activities no longer brings you joy
- Substance Abuse – Some people may turn to drugs or alcohol as a way to escape their feelings of depression.
*Based upon a client self-assessment survey, results may vary from person to person